"Quod me netrit me destruit."
What nourishes me also destroys me.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Liquid Dieting a Form of Torture


I don't want to become political. However, those CIA memos on torture techniques while Bush was in power has been all over the headlines. One interesting point to note related to EE though is the fact that one of the memos suggests putting detainees at Guantanamo on a liquid only diet as a form of torture.
Here is the link in case you are interested:


That really hit home for me when I read it. Although, I knew it was torture. Kids with EE live that life everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Received a nice card from Zane to my son Eric, who is also 3. Just wanted to let you know that you blog is put together very well and definately reflects our situation and Eric's life with EE as well. I can especially relate to your fear of having a feeding tube put in pushing you over the edge. I couldn't have said it better. We went elemental a week ago and now I'm doing the same type of bribing to get him to drink his bottles. I feared all through this pregnancy because I lost a child to a heart defect (at age 17 mths.). Never, even in my wildest dreams, did I contemplate having a child that I could not feed. I will look for updates on Zane. All the best.

    ReplyDelete